About the company
We are an English and Spanish Translation, Interpreting and Language Training company based in the Greater Los Angeles Area. In addition, we provide professional interpreting and translation services.
Our mission: To provide quality Interpreting, Translation, and related Training to maintain and improve the linguistic and professional skills of Spanish and English language professionals and students.
GlobalTradu is based on the vision of its founder, Daniel Tamayo, a professional interpreter, translator, and educator.
About our chief trainer and managing director
Trainer and Training Coordinator
Daniel holds an an MA in Translation Studies from the Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS), where he also completed a Court Interpreting Program and several courses in Translation and Localization Management. He holds an MA Degree in Hispanic Language and Civilization from the University of California, Santa Barbara. In addition, he holds a BS Degree in Business Administration and has completed several graduate courses in Economics from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
Daniel began working as a translator and interpreter on a part-time basis in 1993, and full-time in 2000. He specializes in the areas of Business, Economics, Politics, Immigration, Education, and the Environment.
- Translation: As a freelance translation professional, his work includes bi-directional English-Spanish translations, and Spanish editing and proofreading. Additionally, he manages translation projects.
- Interpreting: His primary roles have been as a conference interpreter and as a med-legal interpreter. He travels nationally and internationally interpreting in both the public and the private sectors.
Since 2006, he has been a board member and instructor for the Translation and Interpreting Program at California State University, Fullerton and a Spanish Instructor at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
Some professional highlights include:
- Interpreted Los Angeles City Council meetings, interprets for Law Offices of Sabado & Associates, APLC, Cal Poly Pomona, interprets abroad for international organizations such as Conservation International (CI), International Indian Treaty Council (IITC) and TEBTEBBA, International Boundary and Water Commission U.S. Section and live-translated the 2012 Guadalupana Celebration held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Translations of documents and webpages for clients such as: The Huntington Library and USC Institute, California Department of Transportation, Conservation International, Sears and Roebuck, Co., Aramark, Cal Poly Pomona, Cypress College, City of Huntington Park, Specialty Silicon Fabricators, Conservation International (CI), International Indian Treaty Council (IITC), and West Coast Radiology Center.
About our trainers:
We carefully select highly qualified translators, interpreters, linguists, subject matter experts, and trainers who are committed to the quality of the training they provide and to the betterment of our industries and communities. They boast a proven track record as practitioners and instructors.
Training services currently offered are:
- Conferences and seminars on translation, interpreting and language topics, as well as on specialized subject matter areas
- Language-specific training courses such as Spanish for Translators and Interpreters and Spanish for the workplace
- Individual and group training courses in Translation and Interpreting
- Convenient web-based translation workshops
Conferences and Seminars
- US Legalese and Mexico’s ‘Narco’ Terminology
- Let’s Talk Business and Do’s and Don’ts of Conference Interpreting – May 7, 2016
- Sight Translation: Improving Accuracy and Flow
- Occupational and Forensic Injury Terminology in Spanish – April 2, 2016
- Medical Terminology and Translation and Expert Panel Discussion with Fernando A. Navarro
- 8/28/15 – Daniel Tamayo: Bio